Sunday, September 14, 2014

Shine On




Sometimes the most unexpected things end up ministering to me right where I'm at.

For instance, a pizza box.


How, might you ask, could a cardboard box holding a piping hot pizza pie with pineapples, ham, and stringy mozzarella minister to my soul?

It was the words printed on the box:



MAKING THE OLD NEW

A little saying goes a long way. And, truth is truth no matter where you find it.


When we put our trust in Christ, we received the Holy Spirit, a pillar of cloud by day and a fire to guide us by night. 


Speaking to us. 


Reminding us. 


Of Who He is, who we are, and why we're here (Ephesians 1:3-14).


"He spoke to them from the pillar of cloud; they kept His statutes and the decrees He gave them (Psalm 99:7)."


When darkness clouds our vision, He will show us what to do.


 "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful (Hebrew


 10:23)."


Gideon broke the fire-filled jars and the light shined in the darkness. Victory was won (Judges 6,7).


We can be brave. We can let our God-given holy fire light up the night.


"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength (Phil. 4:13)."


The old, broken me is petrified of doing the hard right things. But...


"I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me (Galatians 5:22)."


For in Christ, we are new people, created to do acts of His goodness. To be light. Shining His ever-bright love in our hearts with our hands, our feet, and our joy (2 Corinthians 5:17).











It's okay to be weak. We have this treasure in earthen vessels to show that this power is from God and not from us (2 Corinthians 4:7). The more cracked and broken, the more His blazing glory shines.


So embrace your brokenness through Christ our Savior and shine on!





No comments:

Post a Comment